Sunday 16 October 2011

Be Happy

I don't know what the artist trying to tell when he decide to put a bunch of alphabet on wasabi powder. He even set up a board to warn visitor to be careful after touching the card. But that warning did not scare away the visitor to arrange some positive and meaningful phrase. I spot one that is the most simple and common - "Happy".

Happy

Be happy! Be graceful.

Another piece of artwork, in Japanes - "まけるな" which I prefer to translate it as don't be settle and don't be compromised. The kind of attitude that I hope I can hold firmly on, both in life and work.

まけるな

It sounds contradictional, how can ones be graceful but at the meantimes challenge the status quo?

I don't have the answer, but I guess the following quote from Steve Jobs will be the best approach - "Stay hungry, stay foolish."

 Both photos taken at Yokohama Triennale 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment


copyright © 2008 by Bihong