Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Anytime & Anyplace with Xue Min

I am heading to Tokyo tonight. I will have a presentation there on Friday, and will stay back for the weekends to meet some old friends there. So before I’m leaving, I should post up the photos set as I had promised before.

Xue Min has been very supportive, when I told her my passion about photography, my little dream to become a photographer. After 2 engagement sessions, she again is willing to pose for me, this time an one to one session, or I like to call it “Anytime & Anyplace” session. Practice is the key to master the skill. So I really appreciate the chance to work with Xue Min again before she leave Osaka to Nagoya this coming April.

This time, we tried indoor shooting. I start off with only the ambient light coming through the windows using a 50mm lens. I bought the old 50mm F1.8 lens months before Nikon ships the new AF-S 35mm F1.8 DX prime lens. A bad timing for my investment because I have to stick to manual focus when I using it on a D40 body. Anyway, I’m glad that I still can get some sharp images with it.

Then we move near the window tried to get some dramatic shoot.

I like this in B&W.

OK. Putting on a cap and muffler, and I’m now using 18-55mm kit lens. We were running out of light, so I light her with SB-600 on camera shooting through a DIY soft-box.

And we also tried out some sexy pose. The SB-600 still on the camera but this time I used a piece of white bouncing card instead of the soft-box.

And the last image which is my favorite. The SOOC image was nice. But I think with some portrait retouching, it will turn out more gorgeous just like the magazine cover. So what I did with this image was, I applied some digital make up, and boosted the eyes color.

I will be away until next Monday. Hopefully I can bring back some beautiful images form Tokyo :)

1 comment:

  1. nice series...good play on light...
    you're so lucky to have a good friend + sweet model...lol...
    to get sharp picture sometime manual focus is more efficient than autofocus...i got some m42 lenses...and it work sharper than my AF lenses...

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

copyright © 2008 by Bihong